Turning disabilities into abilities, one step at a time.
Ability Training Services is a Minnesota and Oregon based company that supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to attain their goals of independence.
We work with individuals to use their unique abilities to the benefit of their communities, families, and themselves. We strive to turn disabilities into abilities, one step at a time.
"ATS has helped me grow and get out into the community and do different things in the community. It has helped me grow in employment skills."
"I have gotten better at being independent. I liked doing Discovery! I like going to group and it's wonderful meeting new people! ATS is awesome. My favorite place to go with ATS is to the beach on the Friendship Retreat."
"I like going to different parks and exploring with my close friends. I have gotten better at 3-D printing and using a computer."
Ability Training Services LLC
Policy & Procedure
Policy #: 042
SUBJECT: Emergency Response: Infectious Diseases
INITIAL DATE APPROVED: 3/14/2020
Policy: Ability Training Services will follow this procedure in the case of widespread infectious disease with all In-Home and Employment participants.
Procedure: Ability Training Services
1. ATS will keep up to date with new information and send updates, links, and tools as they are developed. ATS will disseminate relevant information from local health authorities and other appropriate government entities to all providers, customers, and families via email (or telephone if needed). All communication will be made developmentally appropriate.
2. Regarding widespread infectious disease, ATS will ask that all individuals self-report to ATS management if symptoms are noticed at any time.
3. ATS staff will watch for symptoms of current infectious disease and report any potentially qualifying cases to ATS owner via email and subsequent text/phone call to ATS a member of ATS management.
4. A member of ATS management will immediately report all potentially qualifying cases to the local health authority or as prescribed by governing agencies.
5. ATS staff will be guided by ATS management to remotely monitor any individual quarantined due to or ill with any infectious disease once every 24 hours for as long as the participant is under in-home contract parameters and until local health authority or other entities assume responsibility for the participant.
6. ATS retains the right to refuse services to individuals who are ill and/or show signs of infectious disease.
7. During periods of pandemic or widespread infectious disease ATS is expecting all participants in our 1:1, DSA and Employment programs cooperate with the following in order to maintain admittance in the programs during a period of sickness or widespread infectious disease.
8. ATS cannot provide PPE to participants but will help them secure PPE for themselves wherever possible.
9. ATS management will implement preventative strategies to ensure that the staff are able to remain healthy and to prevent staffing shortages:
10. ATS management will do what they reasonably and safely can to arrange alternate services for individuals when staffing shortages occur, while following doctor or local health authorities’ recommendations.
11. ATS will notify the ODDS Emergency Management Specialist in the event of potential exposure, outbreak, or closure, due to an infectious disease at: ODDS.INFO@dhsoha.state.or.us.
12. ATS will train its staff on this emergency plan and request verification of training from the staff members when instituted. Thereafter ATS will post the plan in its Policies and Procedures. Further, ATS will notify its staff once a year that they are under obligation to abide by the emergency plan and the plan will be resent to them.
13. In the event ATS has to close without a 30-day notice, ATS will notify individuals using the template below. This includes temporary closures required as a result of cleaning, staffing shortages, infectious diseases, etc. This notice will be posted on the ATS website and sent to all participants via email.
14. ATS will coordinate with Federal, State, and Local health officials and follow direction by a Federal, State, or Local public health officials…including procedures for notifying Federal, State, and Local health officials regarding suspected or confirmed infectious diseases via our official ATS website, email, and available social media.
15. ATS does not assume primary health care of any individual and ATS does not have the facilities to use for isolation, therefore ATS will respond to its participants being in isolation or quarantine as follows:
16. ATS will ensure that any information coming from other providers is disseminated, understood and implemented and will provide any ATS related information to them as well.
17. ATS Management will ensure that all staff and customers will have access to information presenting how to thoroughly wash one’s hands in order to prevent infectious diseases and will be expected to follow those guidelines. ATS will follow physician and/or local health authority’s directions and implement their recommended preventative measures.
18. ATS will annually confirm that each client's One Page Profile is up to date with the correct emergency contact information and other pertinent medical information.
19. In the case of an individual contracting an infectious disease who has other complicating factors that may increase spread of infectious disease (pica, self-injury leading to open wounds, etc...), complicate identification of infectious disease (non-verbal, low-verbal, echolalia, unable to self-identify pain/illness, etc...), or other behaviors that make treatment of ID difficult:
ATS has remained fully operational in both states during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Extra handwashing, social distancing, and indoor mask wearing while in groups will be continued until the states governments allow for change.
Copyright © 2018 Ability Training Services, LLC - All Rights Reserved.